Motorcycle Accident Help
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
In the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle crash, it is not uncommon to experience confusion, disorientation and stress — especially if you are injured. However, you can take some important steps immediately following the accident that may improve the outcome.
Types of motorcycle accidents
- Left Turn Accidents: The driver making a left turn in front of the motorcycle rider “they didn’t see” is one of the most common causes of injury to motorcyclists.
- Red light accidents: Many rear-end accidents occur when a motorcyclist is stopped at a red light, and a motorist miscalculates the stopping distance or does not notice the motorcycle in time.
- Single-bike accidents: Hazards in the road can lead to a collision with other vehicles, as well as single-bike accidents. In the case of single-bike accidents, bikers are often presumed to be at fault. However, road hazards are a common cause of single-bike accidents.
- Road hazards that can lead to injury include:
- Loose gravel
- Unmarked curves
- Uneven pavement
- Debris leftover from construction work
- Obscured road signs
By thoroughly investigating the accident scene, I can determine whether a defect in the road was the cause of your accident.
- Blind spot accidents: When a biker gets caught in a motorist’s blind spot, terrible injuries can result.
- Hit-and-run accidents: If you are hit by a driver who flees the scene, you have the ability to seek compensation from your own insurance policy. That is why it is extremely important to make sure that you carry the proper amount of Supplementary Uninsured Motorist (SUM) insurance. DOWNLOAD this .pdf document which explains why you need proper insurance.
- Trike and Can-Am accidents: Riders of Can-Ams and trikes face the same challenges as bikers do, and I am prepared to offer them the same representation.
WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to death as the result of collision than motorists who drive cars or trucks. I am prepared to provide counsel and support to grieving families who seek compensation for their tragic losses.
Wrongful death compensation can cover funeral and burial expenses as well as replace the wages he or she would have earned over a lifetime. In some cases, such as those involving drunk drivers, the court may also award punitive damages.
In addition to compensation, wrongful death lawsuits can send a powerful message that motorists need to exercise more caution — and respect the rights of motorcyclists on the road.
Contact Motorcycle Mike | Serving New York Motorcyclists’ Needs
As a Long Island motorcycle injury attorney, I handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Schedule a free initial consultation by contacting my office at 866-639-5567 ext. 118.